Saturday, January 24, 2015

Introducing Finn (our new kitty)

Hello all, I have happy news to share!

Last week we welcomed home a lovely little kitty who is 8 months old.  We named him Finn (although he is often called Finley):
When I saw this photo on ARF's website, it was love...!  He was called Peter but we have re-named him Finn.

I was feeling rather blue over Christmas as I missed having a cat in the house for the second Christmas in a row.  While I still miss my last wonderful cat (Biscuit) terribly, I realized I was finally ready to have a new kitty in the house.

Thank You ARF

Finn was adopted from ARF, the Animal Rescue Foundation, here in Calgary.  They rescue animals from rural areas around the city, in particular from the Tsuu T'ina Indian reserve (where Finn came from).  All their animals are fostered out to wonderful families, so we went to visit Finn at his foster home.  I knew he was our cat from the second I saw him.  He looked like a little fox and had such a sweet disposition!  We got to bring him home a week later.

Finn was the last of his litter to be adopted as he had a problem with his back legs that they were watching.  His back legs have shorter tendons and so he walks a little pigeon-toed, but he loves to run and jump and it hasn't slowed him down a bit!

Finn is such a wonderful cat.  He is loving and sweet and funny and never in a bad mood.  

He meowed a little bit the first day as he missed his foster sister kitty and dog.  Here he is meowing the first day:

But within the first hour he explored the whole house.  He is super friendly and confident.

But before we knew it, he was in love with us and we are now inseparable.  He follows me everywhere.  Here he is sleeping on me last night:

Ahhh happy!

Hope you are all well.  I still have to post the second half of our honeymoon and dying to get back to the blog.  I have so much to talk about, but I've been laid up with bad headaches and some house projects needing my attention, so I've been neglecting the blog.

 I hope you're all well and I miss you!

More very soon, xo Terri

15 comments:

  1. Oh Terri, Finn is sooooo cute! I'm absolutely in love with him! Congratulations on the newest member of your household. He's going to be so much fun.

    Take good care of yourself!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise - we are so happy to have a new little companion and he loves to play. Hope you're well. xox

      Delete
  2. Terri, Finn is so adorable. I don't know what I would do without my Himalayan Miss Belle!
    I look forward to hearing more from you and hope you visit soon!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Finn is so cute!! Very pretty too. Oh, and I love that green and white fabric on your pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is precious and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new kitty! Finn is beautiful. I hope you have many, many happy years with him. He's lucky to have you, and I'm sure you feel lucky to have him too.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my I am so so so pleased for you both, nothing like a cuddle with a cat for sure

    sorry to hear about your headaches, hope the good weather is helping a bit? we have been lucky for days now, I was out today with just a sweater...

    we have my daughters cat with us until the middle of February... coco is ok with her most of the time... and totally knows how to tell her off when she gets out of line...lol

    have a wonderful week with your new friend, again so pleased for you and your hubby, happy fur hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE! glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:36 am

    Oh boy, what a sweet and handsome kitty is Finn! He has poise, character and gentleness in those lovely photos. Thanks for sharing him. Kitty heaven and haven! So happy for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finn is a handsome boy! What a lovely addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:13 am

    What a beautiful fluff ball. They (cats) are such life savers. Love mine to bits. It is very true, dogs have masters and cats have slaves...................

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a handsome boy :) Hello, Finn!!! Lovely to meet you. Congrats, Terri and David. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete