Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where We Live

I sometimes complain that Calgary (and Alberta in general) doesn't have all the traditional antiques, art, and decor that I prefer (like you'd find in the US south or old east coast cities).

But it sure is beautiful!

This stunning video was shot in Alberta. It shows several scenes of downtown Calgary, the nearby prairies and Rocky Mountains. You will recognize Lake Louise from my post (where David and I went skating). They show skaters there in winter and then the lake in summer.

Unlike many travel videos that show places you've never seen in your own country, state or province, this all looks very familiar to me...but the photography is extra stunning. Most of these places are within 2h of our house - I recognize most of them. If you ski or hike here, you will recognize most of these famous spots. Wow!

Turn up your volume & click FULL SCREEN on the lower right of the video for the full effect!


Oh, and apparently only beautiful people live here. :)

P.S. The song is "Roam" by Wil.

When are you booking your trip?

13 comments:

  1. A week from next Tuesday good for you? Oh my! Terri, you blessed gal living in God's country and one of the beautiful people, too. (I am not being sarcastic.) That was delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! STUNNING! I wish I could see it on my flat screen television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss it. miss it. miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Alberta is such a wonderful place. I loved the photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh I have to share this with my readers too. It gave me goosebumps and also made me realize I need to spend more time in Banff/Canmore, it is just too close not too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been to Banff...stunning in the summer, but I wish I could see it in winter. Beautiful video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow -how lucky you are to have that all on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just came over from Veranda Interiors, and glad I did. We just moved to Calgary (Okotoks) from Van Island last summer. That video is beautiful! I look forward to looking around your blog....I too love older, romantic style with antiques (mixed in with a little newness =). ps hubby is an engineer also =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny to see our metal trees... just walked down under them last weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Terri, when can I move in? And do you like dogs?
    Hee Hee. It is absolutely beautiful. Love it. Thanks for posting. Would love to go someday.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very pretty but I hate the cold even in Virginia. If you all make it back to Virginia I would happily show you around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that lake, those mountains, those horses... Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete