Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Favorites & Travel


I am about to embark on a 10-day journey to the east coast to see my darling mother and extended family. I hope to have plenty of time for visiting loved ones, sleeping, sight seeing, spring appreciating, and eating lovely foodstuffs.

I have been meaning to post a few things, but got behind. So I thought I would share with you some things that have been on my mind the last few days.

This is presently my favorite room, from a Paris hotel. I should like to live here, thank you. Excuse the awful scan. Don't you think it is perfect for me (although champagne gives me a headache)?

This is my new favorite book ("Living Traditions" by the inimitable Matthew Patrick Smyth). The front and back covers are awfully nice to look at.

And here is Biscuit, my favorite (and only) cat in the background. A very pretty bouquet of spring flowers, a gift from myself to me, sits in the foreground:

These are my new favorite summer shoes ($11) which I can only wear in the house because my arches ache if I actually walk anywhere in them (my feet demand proper shoes):
Close-up of kitty inspecting camera:
This is my favorite shrub in the yard, a double-flowering plum, attempting to flower (at least the buds against the warm window - the rest have barely emerged).

This is the marvellous book I am reading. I love novels of manners and have intended to read this forever. I keep meaning to buy her book "The Decoration of Houses", published in 1898 (I imagine it's a blast). I am set to read her Pulitzer prize winning "The Age of Innocence" next.

And this is my favorite song (presently, and for the last several months since I first saw the video). I finally bought it tonight on itunes for my plane trip. I do hate to fly, but Adele will help. Collective ahhhhh...
(Adele from Later with Jools Holland)

Happy Spring to you all! See you in June!

10 comments:

  1. Bring the sun with you, Terri, please? Some warmth, too. Lots of good times to you whilst home visiting your mother and family...

    Your favorite things list is lovely. Adele sings hauntingly (saw that on DWTS). The only thing wrong with your favorite room, and this may be the chill talking, is that the fireplace is bricked. I'd like to see some flames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my absolute favorite Adel song as well, I sing it at the top of my lungs...the Hubs is not too fond since I seem to be a tab bit tone deaf. But the words are just awesome as is she.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your love of white I can see that that hotel room in Paris would be just your style. But I'll echo Vee in saying a fire would be nice.

    Have a wonderful trip - I hope you have good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful images, terri, all of them. I wish you safe travels and a wonderful time...donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post Terri! Wouldn't you know it, I'll be up in your neck of the woods to visit the in laws for a few days just in time for you to leave town. We're hoping to spend a full week up there this summer so hopefully I'll catch you then.

    Safe travels!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful and safe trip. Hi, Biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your visit, Terri! Lovely pictures and Adele... the girl does send chills up and down the spine.

    Wishing you 10 days of headache free bliss. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adele is great!

    Look at my Like site on Facebook and win nice photos I have taken in Paris!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atelj%C3%A9n-Katarina-Nilsson/186075308079422

    Love
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope I haven't missed you before your trip Terri, have a lovely time with your family on the east coast.

    I'm loving your favourites - particularly the sofa in that Paris hotel! I also love your rug and your very adorable kitty!

    Ah, The Age of Innocence - you are in for a treat.

    See you soon.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely room! I hate to fly also, but I will to get somewhere I want to go!

    Hubby and I just discovered
    Adele--hubby said "she's a blues singer" whatever, she's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete