Saturday, August 14, 2010

We're Having a Party!

I thought I would post a few quick photos as we prepare for guests to arrive in an hour.  We're having a small birthday supper for David's Mum.  The kitchen is smelling wonderful right now...

I bought these pretty multi-coloured roses the other day...roses are my favorite flower anyway!
I have the table set with my small set of bone china (the cream plates) but only have a 4-person place setting, so I always mix in my blue and white Ikea plates which I love.  I wish I could find replicas of them in bone china.  I am coveting a full set of fine china, and will post about this soon.  I would also like some crystal water and wine glasses to replace my Pottery Barn water glasses and el cheapo wine glasses.
The cake is the most amazing chocolate cake ever with a luscious buttercream frosting. I will post a recipe for it later!  Hope you like the photos...off to mash potatoes now.
Happy weekend!  xo Terri

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! Hope y'all have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely...have a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri - Those roses are beautiful and how fun to get a multi-colored bunch. The chocolate cake looks scrumptuous. I'm always looking for good cake and frosting recipes for birthdays, so looking forward to your recipe.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the touches of pink! I have been using some of my favorites from some of the stores you mentioned...outside!

    Look forward to hearing your frosting receipe!

    Enjoy your celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that she felt very honored! You certainly know how to make a gal feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi T, thank you for the poem. I loved it (as I'm sure you knew I would). I tried to email you back but as it turns out I'm able to receive but not send emails while here at mom & dad's.

    I will send it as soon as I touch down in AB ~ next Friday.

    Much love. A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely, especially w/the bright pink. I love mixed color roses. Will definitely check back for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is lovely Terri!!
    Miss you,
    hugs~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am from chile
    and I was impressed by the beautiful things you have in your blog
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete