Sunday, March 25, 2012

Winter & Summer Pillows

I'm already scheming pillow concepts for the new sofa.

For summer, I've been considering a pretty pale blue since there's a splash of blue in the rug and I have some blue pottery pieces to use. When Steve suggested the same thing, I knew it was kismet!

I am fond of this Schumacher fabric, Celerie Kemble's Hot House flowers in Mineral. The pale blue and ecru in this are perfect, not too busy for someone as pattern-averse as me:
Ideally, I'd replace my rug with a neutral one (my budget is zero right now) so I can add more pattern (it must be spring because I'm suddenly craving colour!). I love this lamp. I think they'd both look smashing with the new neutral sofa (ideally sans the current rug):

For the winter, I've decided to use these two greige fabrics. The lighter one will make two square pillows and the darker a lumbar pillow for the sofa and (future) chair. I need to find a subtle patterned fabric for an accent pillow. I love solids most of all and don't find them one bit boring but a little accent fabric would perk it all up:

A wonderful blog reader, Susan, in North Carolina, who does a ton of upholstery and decorating, sent me a whole box of velvet fabrics to choose from and I will get a couple of yards from her. Isn't that kind!?
I am so touched by her generosity!

I also thought I'd show you the pretty flowers I added to my console table vignette (no, I have no problem with carnations...I am not a flower snob). I am still hovering over this vignette, as I'm thinking about green accents for the living room, as I always loved the previous sage-coloured furniture:
I also thought you might like to see my e-reader (above, right), which is covered in an oyster-pearl jacket that is so pretty! I got this for Christmas. People clearly know my tastes!

Have a great week! xo T.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad that you like carnations. They are almost my favorite flower for their staying power.

    Wow. That is a thoughtful gesture on your blogging friend's part.

    Enjoy dressing the sofa. I know it will be beautiful in all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are carnations? I wouldn't have known. They are lovely! So is the patterned pillow and I like the colors of the velvet samples you are considering for winter. Pretty!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow, the lamp, the velvet - oh my! All beautiful.. what a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should link up with Small but Charming's Flowers in the House party tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your ideas for the new decor and the Hothouse Flowers fabric...ahhhh! The velvets as well!

    I hope you will come and see the feature I have on an amazing sculptor.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    The 2012 Artist Series

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegance! Pure Elegance. Love that first pillow too. Love that greyish blue, beautiful!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I happen to like solids too. I think that texture (i.e. velvet) in lieu of pattern is a lovely subtle detail. I like the varied neutrals you are using as well, very soothing.

    ReplyDelete